Our Risk Reduction team
Our Risk Reduction team aims to reduce the risk and impact of dementia through increasing awareness; by encouraging effective disease prevention methods; and by increasing awareness and reducing risk amongst those that are most at risk.
Global Team Lead: Ron Petersen
Team Members: DY Suharya; Hilary Doxford; Kate Swaffer; Meera Pattabiraman; Ricardo Allegri; Shekhar Saxana; Martin Rossor; Tom Wright; Whitney Warton
Aims of the group
- To reduce the risk and impact of dementia through increasing awareness and by encouraging effective disease prevention methods, for example through the promotion of appropriate life choices.
- To prioritise increasing awareness and reducing risk amongst people, groups and communities that are most at risk.
Current work priorities
- Influencing global programmes that focus on healthy ageing and brain health (e.g. those run by the Global Brain Health Institute; and the Global Council on Brain Health etc.).
- Ensuring that the perspectives of low and middle income countries (LMICs) are included in these programmes and that their needs are prioritised.
- Supporting LMICs in engaging in activities that reduce the risks of dementia, e.g. by encouraging the development of a risk reduction tool/calculator, through a pilot programme in Indonesia.